Sunday, November 20, 2011

We're engaged!!

Hello all!

So as I am sure you have all heard from facebook and other sources, Justin Schoof and I are engaged!!! I must admit that this has been in the works for about a month. As things progressed this semester and after lots of prayer on both sides, we decided that we wanted to be together forever!  However, as of Friday November 10th, I am engaged. Justin is wonderful and I could not be happier. This weekend was Justin’s Air Force ROTC ball, and we decided this summer that I would come out and be his date. I knew he was going to propose this weekend, but I was under the impression that the ring was late and quote, “theoretically… it might not happen” So of course I was not expecting it when I got off the plane






I love him! And the ring is beautiful and everything I could have ever wanted! Special thanks to Eric, Jake, Brad, and Eddie for holding the signs!

 I had to record the wonderful things that we did together.
1)   We went to justin’s military ball. Of course in typical "Rochelle fashion" I was behind schedule, and of course being military we had to be on time for the receiving line. I was so nervous and full of awkward moments. Justin and I were required to go through a receiving line prior to the dance. The powerpoint we were sent said to “introduce yourself to the host with rank or name (i.e. Col Johnson and ms. Smith)” so that's what I did! I guess the host did not get the memo because when I said “Ms. Martinez-Garcia” he paused turned to the guest of honor and said “Martina?” alter stumbling for a moment Justin finally said “Rochelle” … gah I felt so silly! But Justin made me feel like a princess all night!


Justin and I before the ball!
2)   I Found my wedding dress! My mom, Tia Mary, and close family friend Sylvia took a quick road trip up to Utah to help me find a dress, since the wedding is in December we don't have much time and finding a modest dress in New Mexico or Virginia is very hard. I have never dreamed about my wedding or flowers or anything like that, so I was so lost. Luckily, we only had to go to one place to find the dress. I wont say anything more about it except its a bit unconventional and not a typical wedding dress, but for my style it is absolutely perfect!
3)
W We also took engagement photos! It was so much fun, Justin and I went to DI and found some clothing for the pictures. Special thanks to his roommate Jace! He did an amazing job! Here are some of the ones I thought were kinda cute!





4)
I think that is all the “big stuff” but we have had a great time just being together! We went to DI and found some costumes for our Pictures, we ate pupusas, we went grocery Shopping, and make ice cream. I got to choose the flavor :Strawberry Banana Browne
Justin and his Amazing roommates loved it!!! So great!

It was so good! Justin has some skills making ice cream for frozen yogurt! YUM!! Cant wait to make more with him.

It was a great introduction to my new life in Utah. I cant wait to meet all of Justin's friends and get to know other people.

So now is the production of a wedding, Justin and I are getting married December 30th in the Albuquerque New Mexico Temple and We are so happy!

So after ONE POST on my new blog it has become “Jusitn and Rochelle” YAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! You're engagements are super adorable.I'm so glad that you two have each other. You are both such wonderful and special people and deserve to be so happy forever! Good luck with all the planning and enjoy the short time that you're engaged. You'll look back on it very fondly. :)Also, if you need help with anything let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm way excited to have found your blog! Congratulations again! Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete